Youth Point Program
for Alpaca Owners Association (AOA) Certified Shows
The show season is June 1 through May 31. Points reset on June 1 of each year.
The annual award ceremony will take place during the AOA National Fleece Show.
Total points earned throughout the show year in each age division at AOA recognized Performance shows by an AOA member.
Points are awarded to each youth for the animal's placing in an AOA Certified Youth Halter competition. Points are awarded as follows:
- 1st place — 6 points
- 2nd place — 5 points
- 3rd place — 4 points
- 4th place — 3 points
- 5th place — 2 points
- 6th place — 1 point
- Champion placements accrue 10 additional points
- Reserve Champion placements accrue 8 additional points
Suri/Huacaya Youth breeder/exhibitors that have accrued the most halter points at the
end of the show season will be eligible for the following awards:
- AOA Suri Youth High Point
- AOA Huacaya Youth High Point
- National recognition at the AOA National Fleece Show
- National recognition in Alpacas Magazine
- National recognition on the AOA website
- Awards of Merit presented to the 2nd through 10th place alpaca at the National Fleece Show