|AlpacaGram 9.04||January 11, 2022|
Shape the Industry through service
on an AOA Committee
"I want to make a difference — be a positive force for change." ~ Sarah Donahoe, Chair of the AOA Membership Committee
AOA is currently seeking members interested in helping to shape the industry by serving on an AOA committee. We currently have a need for members who are interested in serving on the Government and Industry Relations Committee (GIRCom).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining contact with other industry organizations
- Interact appropriately with regulatory agencies in order to:
- Comment on proposed laws/regulations
- Advocate action on behalf of the alpaca industry
- Maintain an industry presence in the U.S. Animal Health Association (USAHA)
- Positively influence members to make informed comments when necessary
- Promote practices and regulations that support the health of our national alpaca herd
- Assist members with information when action is needed at the local or state level
- Interact with AOA standing committees as needed to educate and inform members
- Research and complete projects as assigned by the Executive Director or Board and present those findings as requested
If you are interested in serving, please complete the committee disclosure form by January 28.
© 2022 Alpaca Owners Association, Inc.